Classic Banana Bread recipe with a tender, moist crumb and rich banana flavor, it will definitely make your breakfast memorable… or dessert!
What is so awesome about banana bread? It is very fast and easy to make, tastes great and you don’t have to throw away those bananas that you forgot to eat last week :). Oh and forget about butter spread, works best with Nutella and a glass of warm milk but it looked better in the picture. Enjoy!
Ingredients in Banana Bread
Remember those browned bananas that you kept throwing away because nobody likes them? Well, you can stop that now because they are perfect for my banana bread. In fact the secret consists in them being as ripe as possible.
You can use white sugar or brown sugar or maybe a bit of both, like my recipe requires but for any other sweeteners, you are on your own. As far as some of the ingredients go, banana bread is quite a versatile recipe and you can pretty much let your imagination go wild. Did I mention nuts? Well, no, because there aren’t any but you can add if you feel so inclined. Baking soda and baking powder will make your loaf quite fluffy, compared to other recipes that I have tried and sour cream will add a bit of moisture to the final product. Personally, I don’t like it too moist but to each is own, right?
The rest of the ingredients are pretty basic, thought you can experiment with some melted chocolate, peanut butter, chocolate chips, dried fruits (maybe), or you can go ‘nuts’. Figure that one out!
Making Banana Bread
Tomes filled with never ending instructions were written about banana bread since the beginning of time. Unfortunately, I like to keep things as simple as possible in my kitchen, so if you were waiting for a novel… nu such luck.
- Mix everything together in a large sized bowl – preheat your oven to 350° F/180° C.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean (from the bread of course duh!)
- Let rest for a bit then slice and go… Nutella!
Delicious Banana Bread
Print Rate Recipe Pin
- Preheat oven to 350° F / 180°.
- Mash the bananas then add all other ingredients except flour and mix well for few minutes.
- Now you may add the flour and continue mixing until all is well incorporated.
- Pour the batter in a greased bread pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes to an hour, or until you insert a toothpick in the center and it comes out clean.
- Let it cool inside the pan for few minutes then move onto a wire rack.